Romance Writers of America: The Voice of Romance Writers
Romance Writers of America® (RWA) is a nonprofit trade association whose mission is to advance the professional interests of career-focused romance writers through networking and advocacy. RWA works to support the efforts of its members to earn a living, to make a full-time career out of writing romance—or a part-time one that generously supplements his/her main income.
- a non-profit membership association based in Houston, Texas
- dedicated to advancing the interests of career-focused romance writers
- more than 30 years old (founded in 1980)
- an association of more than 10,200 members
- home to 145 local and online chapters
- host of an annual meeting with more than 2,100 attendees
- aspiring and published romance fiction writers
- writers interested in learning about a career in romance fiction writing
- publishing industry professionals
- librarians and booksellers who support the romance genre
What RWA stands for:
- Romance writers have the right to reasonable remuneration and preservation of authorial and intellectual property rights.
- Literacy is individually and culturally vital.
- Storytelling is fundamental to human experience: romance fiction explores issues of universal and eternal human interest.
- United, romance writers are a powerful community.
How RWA works:
- RWA belongs to its members.
- RWA fosters an environment of creative and professional growth.
- RWA thrives through the free exchange of ideas, knowledge, and diverse career experiences.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this diverse and growing community, visit the Membership section for more information.