- Advocacy: RWA advocates for the best publishing practices for its members, including fair contracts from both publishers and agents.
- Romance Writers Report: The RWR is a trade publication that mails monthly and covers all aspects of the romance writer's career. Free with your membership.
- eNotes: A bimonthly e-newsletter that delivers current industry news right to your e-mail inbox. Free with your membership.
- Local and Online Chapters: RWA has approximately 145 local, online, and special-interest chapters that members of the national association are eligible to join.
- Leadership Opportunities: RWA General members are entitled to run for a variety of leadership positions, including committees and the RWA Boards of Directors.
- myRWA: myRWA is a private online community where RWA members can connect with each other, network, and enhance their RWA membership experience, as well as access content specifically for RWA members.
- Contests and Conferences: Members are eligible to enter the prestigious RITA and Golden Heart contests at the discounted member rate. Also, members have the opportunity to participate in the many RWA chapter contests and conferences for published and unpublished works. Members also receive a discounted rate for the Annual Conference held each summer.
- RWA University: RWA's online education hub for members.
Subscriptions & Discounts
RWA members may purchase exclusive subscriptions and discounts on industry-related products and services.
- Subscription to Nielsen Bookscan: the weekly retail sales monitoring service for books, with purchase information representing sales through a majority of the major retailers each week. In a typical week, sales of over 300,000 different titles are collected, coded and analysed, producing complete market information for retailers, publishers and the media. Bookscan now includes point-of-sale data from over 4,000 Walmart locations across the U.S. and Puerto Rico (added to the 12,000 locations that currently report their sales to Nielsen BookScan U.S.). Note: This is a static list of the top 100 romance titles per week and not a searchable database. The discounted rate for RWA members is $60.
- Subscription to Publisher Alley: RWA and Publisher Alley have teamed up to offer members the exclusive opportunity to subscribe to the industry’s leading online tool in analyzing book sales. RWA members are offered this service at the discounted rate of $30. Publisher Alley gathers book sales data from Baker & Taylor, YBP Library Services, Lindsay & Croft, and Majors Book Company. By partnering with Publisher Alley, RWA is able to provide PAN members access to in-depth analysis of sales through these outlets, giving published authors access to knowledge about book sales and distribution previously available only to industry professionals.
- Discount Subscription to Publishers Weekly: The weekly trade news magazine targeted at publishers, librarians, booksellers and literary agents offers RWA members a 30 percent discount off the subscription rate.
- Voluntary Insurance Program: RWA members have access to a Voluntary Insurance Program, which is facilitated through MiQuotes. This program allows uninsured members to obtain quotes for insurance (health, accident, disability, etc.) or for members with existing coverage to supplement current coverage.