How to Enter the RITA
The purpose of the RITA Contest is to promote excellence in the romance genre by recognizing outstanding published novels and novellas.
The RITA Contest is open to members of RWA as well as non-members, but priority will be given to members. Any lapse in membership during the course of the contest by the entrant or collaborator (from the time of entry until the winners are announced at the Awards Ceremony) shall result in the entrant being required to renew within 10 days of notification or pay the higher non-member entry fee.
All entrants are required to judge the preliminary round.
The entry fee for RWA members is $50 per entry; the entry fee for non-members is $170 per entry.
Books must be received by RWA at 14615 Benfer Road, Houston, Texas 77069 no later than 5 p.m. CT, Jan. 2, 2015. Entrants who fail to meet this deadline will be disqualified, and the entry fee will be forfeited. Authors whose books are received at RWA's office by December 15, 2014 will be eligible to win an iPad Mini or a complimentary conference registration (entrant's choice).
Contest rules, in their entirety, are located here: http://www.rwa.org/p/cm/ld/fid=531
Located below are instructions and the member’s only link to enter the contest online. Non-members must download and complete an entry form. Once completed please mail, fax, or e-mail the entry form to RWA, a link for a printable entry form may be found below.
Entry Instructions (the online contest form works best with the Firefox browser)
Rules and Agreement page
- Confirm that you have read the rules and guidelines by clicking the circle next to the following statement: “I agree to the terms and conditions.”
- Click Continue.
- Select the category you wish to enter by clicking on the words “Click to edit.” The 2015 RITA Contest categories will appear. Select a category.
- If you wish to select a secondary category, click on the “Click to edit” field and select the category from the pull down menu.
- In the event that your first choice category is cancelled, and you prefer a refund, select yes. Select no if you have selected a secondary category.
- Acknowledge the questions judges will answer by click “Click to edit” and selecting Yes.
- If your entry is written under a pseudonym, enter your pseudonym in the appropriate fields.
- Respond to the question, Did you have a writing partner? “Click to edit” field and select yes or no.
- If writing partner is an RWA member, select yes. If writing partner is not an RWA member, select no.
- If applicable, enter name of writing partner.
- Enter Book title by clicking the “Click to edit” field.
- Enter the ISBN by clicking the “Click to edit” field.
- Enter the Word Count be clicking the “Click to edit” field.
- If this book is eligible for Best First Book, click the “Click to edit” field and select yes. If the book is not eligible select no.
- Select publisher from the pull down menu by clicking in the “Click to edit” field. Select Self-Published (which is located at the top of the list), if your book is self-published. If your publisher is not listed, contact email@example.com.
- Enter Line/Imprint, if applicable, by clicking the “Click to edit” field.
- Enter Editor name by clicking the “Click to edit” field.
- Review all fields, if correct click on the word Draft and select Final.
- The page will refresh and then change to the Payment: Choose Entries page.
- If you are only entering one title, check the box next to your entry and then click the Continue button.
- If you wish to enter additional titles and pay for all entries at one time, click on the “New Entry” button in the grey bar located below the 2015 RITA Contest header.
- Repeat the entry process.
- Once you have entered all titles, and are ready to pay, check the boxes next to each title listed.
- Click Continue.
- The total amount due will be listed at the top of the page. Enter payment information and billing address for the credit card used in the transaction.
- Click Proceed to Verify.
- Review information; if correct click the Pay Now button.
- Click Logout in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will receive a receipt e-mail within a few hours of entry.
The RITA Contest is open to 2,000 paid entries. Entry forms and fees must be received on or before 5 p.m. Central Time, November 21, 2014. Entries received after the deadline will not be processed.
Printable Entry Form For Non-Members
The printed form may be mailed, faxed or scanned and e-mailed to the RWA office.
Mailing address: 14615 Benfer Rd, Houston, Texas 77069 USA
Fax number: (832) 717-5201
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org