Romance Writers of America administers the Perseverance Fund, which is primarily member-supported, to assist qualified applicants in financial need with their yearly national dues.
If you are looking for a way to give back to RWA, please consider donating to the Perseverance Fund. Any donation, whether $1 or $100, helps.
To donate online:
A $99 donation to the Perseverance Fund fully covers the annual dues for one fellow romance writer!
Donate a one-year membership!
Every little bit helps! Click one of the amounts below, add to cart, and then proceed to check out.
$1 $5 $25 $50 $100
To donate a different amount by credit card, contact 832-717-5200, Ext. 132.
To donate by check/money order [U.S. funds]:
Make check/money order out to Romance Writers of America, along with a note to apply the money to the fund, and mail to RWA, attn: Perseverance Fund, 14615 Benfer Rd., Houston, TX 77069.
RWA appreciates your generosity! If you have any questions about the fund, please contact email@example.com or 832-717-5200, Ext. 121.
To apply for the Perseverance Fund, please review the requirements below, and then click the button to fill out the application form. The form provides space for applicants to enter all information detailed in the requirements. More information about the Perseverance Fund can be found in RWA's Policy and Procedures Manual
Apply for the Perseverance Fund
*Per RWA policy, all nonmember applicants for the Perseverance Fund must provide proof that they are seriously pursuing a career in romance writing in order to qualify. Either of the following serve as proof:
- All applicants shall submit a signed request to the Office that contains a description of the applicant's financial need.
- No individual may use the fund more than three times in total.
In support of the above, applicants for the Perseverance Fund can provide one of the following on the application form:
- One complete original work of romance fiction of at least 20,000 words.
- Multiple complete original works of romance fiction which combine for a total of at least 20,000 words.
To read more about Serious Pursuit requirements, please click here.
- ISBN(s), ASIN(s), or Other Unique Vendor Product Identification Number(s) of Commercially Available** work(s)
- A digital copy of a work/works meeting these requirements.