RWA2019 First Page Reads
Join host Sarah Wendell for RWA's First Page Reads
event as a stellar lineup of editors and agents reveal what they're thinking about a manuscript's first page as they hear it live! They'll tell you what makes them pause, what draws them in, and, most importantly, what keeps them turning. And that's not all--one of the pages they discuss could be yours! Submit the first page of your WIP and we'll choose a random, anonymous assortment to be read and critiqued live at the event. Find out who's participating and how to submit your first page below:
Wednesday, July 24
Agents: Kelli Martin (Wendy Sherman Associates), Rebecca Strauss (DeFiore and Co.), Linda Camacho (Gallt & Zacker Literary Agency)
Editors: Esi Sogah (Kensington), Lynn West (Dreamspinner Press), Alex Logan (Grand Central Publishing), Cat Clyne (Sourcebooks), Ruoxi Chen (Tor)
First pages should be:
- One page
- No more than 250 words
- From a previously unpublished work of romance fiction
- In PDF, DOC, or DOCX format with no identifying information on the page
- Submissions will be accepted until July 1.
- Authors must be registered for the RWA2019 conference to submit their first page.
- Submission is not a guarantee that your work will be read at the event. Submissions will be sorted randomly and as many will be read as possible in the time allotted.
- Please only submit one page; multiple submissions will be discarded.
- The works will be presented anonymously, and no identifying information will be given to the host or panelists. On the submission form, authors may give RWA permission to share their contact information if requested by a panelist.
- Submissions that do not meet the above guidelines will be discarded.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org