Join IRWA for another great year! The January through October meetings are held the second Saturday of each month at the Franklin Road Branch of the Indianapolis Public Library, 5550 S. Franklin Road, Indianapolis 46239. Visitors are welcome to attend up to two meetings before joining.
Chapter business meeting 11:30am - 12:00pm (new time)BYO Lunch/social/discussion time 12:00pm - 1:00pmProgram/speaker 1:00pm - 3:00pm
2017 Meeting Dates and Programs
- January 14 – ACX and Audiobooks: Mark Kamish, Professional Voice Talent
- February 11 – The Craft of Story: Megan Musgrave, Associate Professor of English IUPUI
- March 11 – Being an Author PA: Kim Castillo, Personal Assistant to Eloisa James
- April 8 – Diversity in Writing: Shyla Colt, IRWA Member and Published Author
- May 13 – Crafting Characters: The G-M-Cs: Judith Bastin, IRWA Member
- June 10 – How to Pitch Your Story: Kathy Lyons/Jade Lee, Published Author
- July 8 – Hands-On Critique Workshop: Lynne Greeley, IRWA Member
- August 12 – Writing Sexual Tension: Lacey Thorne, Published Author
- September 9 – Good Tips for Writing Bad People: Jillian Jacobs, IRWA Member and Published Author
- October 14 – How to be a Successful Author: Kennedy Layne, Published Author and How to be a Supportive Spouse to an Author: Mr. Layne
- November 17-19 – Annual Writing Retreat (Member registration opens August 1; Non-member registration opens October 1.)
- December 9 – IRWA Members’ Christmas Party
January through October meetings will be held at the Franklin Road Branch of the Indianapolis Public Library. The Annual Writing Retreat will be held at Bradford Woods Manor House near Martinsville, Indiana.