Romance Writers of America is pleased to announce the 2015 Romance Writers of America Library Grant has been awarded to the Auburn Public Library (Georgia). According to the Public Library Association, which administers the grant, the Auburn Public Library will use grant funds "to to develop an outstanding collection of romance fiction, both single-selling titles and series titles."
The purpose of the Romance Writers of America Library Grant is to provide a public library the opportunity to build or expand its romance fiction collection and/or host romance fiction programming. The grant consists of $4,500 to be used toward the purchase of romance fiction, author honorariums and travel expenses, and other applicable program expenses. Learn more about the grant at http://www.ala.org/pla/awards/romancewritersgrant.
Previous grant recipients:
• 2014: Red Wing Public Library (Minn.)
• 2013: Hazel W. Guilford Memorial Library (Aurora, N.C.)
• 2012: Tuscaloosa Public Library (Ala.)
• 2011: Costa Mesa/Donald Dugan Library (Calif.)
• 2010: Huntsville-Madison County Public Library (Ala.)