Join Romance Writers of America® and the American Heart Association® as we wear red on Friday, Feb. 1, to increase awareness about heart disease, the number one killer of women.
RWA staff wears red on National Wear Red Day®
According to the American Heart Association:
- Heart disease is the number 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every minute.
- An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women and men, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
Learn more about National Wear Red Day® at http://www.goredforwomen.org.