We're glad you stopped by!
Join IRN Today!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Founded in 1993, Iowa Romance Novelists (IRN) is the central Iowa chapter of Romance Writers of America® and we'd like to tell you a little bit about ourselves.
Who we are:
We are dedicated to promoting education, excellence, and innovation in a cooperative, friendly atmosphere of integrity, mutual respect, and personal responsibility. We are committed to the support and encouragement of our members as they pursue their writing goals.
Each month we have a program on a specific topic. Sometimes we have speakers; other times chapter members present programs, and occastionally we do field trips. The topic and the location is announced prior to the meeting date.
Our Typical Meeting:
10:00 AM - Chapter Business Meeting
11:00 AM - Critique
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Program (See listing below)
1:00 PM - Optional lunch at nearby restaurant for those who choose to go.
Just to list a few:
- Each member will receive our new member information packet with suggested reading, information about publisher guidelines, and tips from writing experts.
- IRN News: our online/forum/email loop containing useful updates, informative articles, and writing information.
- IRN Cafe: our online/forum/email loop to celebrate your steps toward success and to keep you motivated toward your writing goals.
- A chapter reference library with workshop CDs and books on writing and publishing topics.
- Access to workshops and conferences about writing and publication.
- The camaraderie and support of fellow writers!