The Music City Romance Writers PITCH contest is back! Whether the "pitch" is for back cover copy that you plan to self-publish, or that oh-so-perfect query letter blurb, we want to help you get it right! And we'll get you there fast! The entire contest from deadline to announcement of the winner will be six weeks! (Assuming no unforeseen circumstances arise.)
Additionally, there are terrific prizes for the winners!
- Enter 200 word max. This would be the back cover copy or pitch letter blurb.
- $15 entry fee.
- Accepting a max of 75 entries only, so get yours in soon!
- There will be time to revise after round one.
- All romance subgenres accepted.
- Judged fully by PAN members, three judges per entry. Scoresheets will be minimal and to the point: Would you request or buy this book based upon this blurb? What about the blurb worked? What about the blurb did not work? Additional Comments (optional).
- Top 10% move on to the final round. Scoring for final round will be based on a single score of 1 to 10 from each judge.
- All final round entries will be seen by all final round judges.
(Please note that dates could change due to unforeseen circumstances, but we will make every effort to stick to this schedule.)
|March 1, 2016||Contest open for entries|
|April 9, 2016||Deadline to enter (11:59pm CST)|
|April 24, 2016||Finalists announced and entries returned|
|May 6, 2016||Revised entries to be received back to contest coordinator|
|May 8, 2016||Winner announced!|
- 1st place - e-Copy of "QUERY: Everything You Need to Get Started, Get Noticed, and Get Signed"; development edit of the first 30 pages of your manuscript and a 30 minute Skype call/chat from a final round judge; AND an additional critique from another final round judge; Announcement in RWR
- 2nd place - e-Copy of "QUERY: Everything You Need to Get Started, Get Noticed, and Get Signed"; Announcement in RWR
- 3rd place - e-Copy of "QUERY: Everything You Need to Get Started, Get Noticed, and Get Signed"; Announcement in RWR
- Michelle Grajkowski, 3 Seas Literary Agency
- Cori Deyoe, 3 Seas Literary Agency
- Linda Camacho, Prospect Agency
- Carrie Pestritto, Prospect Agency
- One page document with 200 max word blurb. Title/genre in upper left-hand corner. Entries OVER 200 words will be disqualified!
- No name on the entry.
- Name your entry file “[title of your book].docx” or “[title of your book].doc”
- Fill out the online registration form.
- Pay the $15 entry fee via PayPal or check. Checks should be mailed to P.O. Box 292631 Nashville, TN 37229
- Email your entry to the contest coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll receive confirmation of entry within three days.
- Entry will not be considered final until registration form, payment, and entry are all received.
- Only one entry per project allowed. Multiple submissions from the same author are allowed for different projects.
- Entries must be for projects NOT under contract after April 24, 2016.
- Entry deadline is April 9th at 11:59pm CST.
If you have questions, please contact the PITCH coordinators at email@example.com