RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year
The RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year award is given annually to one special bookseller who provides outstanding service to romance readers and demonstrates notable support of romance authors and the romance genre.
To nominate a bookseller for the RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year Award, click here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year
Tom Luce, Powell's Books
Tom Luce is the new book buyer for Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon.
Past Recipients of the RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year Award
- 2014: Edward Whitfill, Ukazoo Books, Towson, Maryland
- 2013: Cathy Genna, Barnes & Noble, East Brunswick, New Jersey
- 2012: Janeen Solberg, Turn the Page Bookstore, Boonsboro, Maryland
- 2011: Kaori Suzuki Fischer, Barnes and Noble, West Melbourne, Florida
- 2010: Gail Link, Barnes and Noble, Wilmington, Delaware
- 2009: Rosemary Potter, Rosemary's Romances, Australia
- 2008: Dianne Defonce, Borders, Fairfield, Connecticut
- 2007: Linda Keller, Barnes & Noble, West Chester, Ohio
- 2006: Vickie Denney, http://www.newandusedbooks.com
- 2005: Marcy Dodge, Borders Books & Music, Beaverton, Oregon
- 2004: Maureen Greene, Borders, Naperville, Illinois
- 2003: Kay Meriam, B. Dalton, Houston, Texas
- 2002: Cindi Streicher
- 2001: Mark Budrock, Waldenbooks, Paramus, New Jersey
- 2000: Beth Anne Steckiel, Beth Anne's Book Corner, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1999: Kathy Baker, Waldenbooks, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1998: Michelle Thorne, Bearly Used Books, West Covina, California
- 1997: Steffie Walker, manager, SuperCrown, Orland Park, Illinois
- 1996: Janet Carroll, formerly of The Book Emporium in Long Beach, California
- 1995: Donita Lawrence, Bell, Book, and Candle, Del City, Oklahoma
Historical note: This award was established in 1995 as RWA's Bookseller of the Year Award to honor Booksellers who go above and beyond in their support of the Romance genre, Romance authors, and Romance readers. In 1999 the name was changed to the Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year Award in honor of the late Steffie Walker, a former recipient of the Bookseller of the Year Award.