RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year
The RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year is awarded to a librarian who demonstrates outstanding support of romance authors and the romance genre.
To nominate a librarian for the RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year award, click here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year
Lisa Schimmer, NoveList
||Lisa Schimmer is a senior cataloger at NoveList, a division of EBSCO Information Services. Schimmer has been integral to improving the cataloging of romance novels, which will impact the entire library community by helping librarians and romance readers find the right romances for them.
Past Recipients of the RWA Librarian of the Year Award
- 2014: Sean Gilmartin, The Anythink Library, Thornton, Colorado
- 2013: Sarah Whitten, Bangor Public Library, Bangor, Maine
- 2012: Mary Moore, Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, Huntsville, Alabama
- 2011: Wendy Crutcher, OC Public Libraries, California
- 2010: Jennifer Lohmann, Durham County Library, Durham, North Carolina
- 2009: Deborah Schneider, King County Library System, King County, Washington
- 2008: Susan Gibberman, Schaumburg Township District Library, Schaumburg, Illinois
- 2007: Valerie Luna, Spotswood Public Library, Spotswood, New Jersey
- 2006: Michele Drovdahl, Sammamish Library
- 2005: Joanne Hamilton-Selway, Scottsdale Public Library, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2004: Lynne Welch, Herrick Memorial Library, Wellington, Ohio
- 2003: Ann Smith, Gahanna, Ohio Public Library
- 2002: John Charles, Scottsdale, Arizona, Library System
- 2001: Shelley Mosley, Velma Teague Branch Library, Glendale, Arizona
- 2000: Joyce Saricks, Downers Grove Public Library, Downers Grover, Illinois
- 1999: Dr. Alison Scott, Popular Culture Library, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 1998: Beverly Earls, Memphis Shelby County Public Library, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1997: Jeffrey Gegner, Hennepin County Library, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- 1996: Kristin Ramsdell, California State University, Hayward
- 1995: Mary K. Chelton, Milltown, New Jersey
Historical note: This award was established in 1995 to honor librarians who go above and beyond in their support of the romance genre, its authors, and readers. In 2015, the award was renamed the RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year.