RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year
The RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year is awarded to a librarian who demonstrates outstanding support of romance authors and the romance genre.
To nominate a librarian for the RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year award, click here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year
Lisa Schimmer, NoveList
||Lisa Schimmer is a senior cataloger at NoveList, a readers’ advisory database used by many public libraries across the United States and Canada. She received her master's degree from the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois. Schimmer's work has been integral to improving the way in which romance novels are cataloged, directly impacting the library community by giving librarians the tools to find the romances that are right for their patrons. An Illinois native, Lisa currently lives in North Carolina with her own personal beta hero, two wee beasties, and countless historical romance novels.
Past Recipients of the RWA Librarian of the Year Award
- 2014: Sean Gilmartin, The Anythink Library, Thornton, Colorado
- 2013: Sarah Whitten, Bangor Public Library, Bangor, Maine
- 2012: Mary Moore, Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, Huntsville, Alabama
- 2011: Wendy Crutcher, OC Public Libraries, California
- 2010: Jennifer Lohmann, Durham County Library, Durham, North Carolina
- 2009: Deborah Schneider, King County Library System, King County, Washington
- 2008: Susan Gibberman, Schaumburg Township District Library, Schaumburg, Illinois
- 2007: Valerie Luna, Spotswood Public Library, Spotswood, New Jersey
- 2006: Michele Drovdahl, Sammamish Library
- 2005: Joanne Hamilton-Selway, Scottsdale Public Library, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2004: Lynne Welch, Herrick Memorial Library, Wellington, Ohio
- 2003: Ann Smith, Gahanna, Ohio Public Library
- 2002: John Charles, Scottsdale, Arizona, Library System
- 2001: Shelley Mosley, Velma Teague Branch Library, Glendale, Arizona
- 2000: Joyce Saricks, Downers Grove Public Library, Downers Grover, Illinois
- 1999: Dr. Alison Scott, Popular Culture Library, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 1998: Beverly Earls, Memphis Shelby County Public Library, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1997: Jeffrey Gegner, Hennepin County Library, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- 1996: Kristin Ramsdell, California State University, Hayward
- 1995: Mary K. Chelton, Milltown, New Jersey
Historical note: This award was established in 1995 to honor librarians who go above and beyond in their support of the romance genre, its authors, and readers. In 2015, the award was renamed the RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year.