RWA Librarian of the Year
The RWA Librarian of the Year is awarded to a librarian who demonstrates outstanding support of romance authors and the romance genre.
To nominate a librarian for the RWA Librarian of the Year Award, click here or e-mail email@example.com.
2014 RWA Librarian of the Year
Sean Gilmartin, The Anythink Library, Thornton, Colorado
Sean Gilmartin is an Illinois native who transplanted to Colorado in the fall of 2011. He has been working in public libraries for nearly 10 years and scored his dream job as a teen librarian. Growing up, he would read his mother’s romance novels, partially for the juicy parts, and knew that one day he would write a romance himself. When he is not doing school work, reading, or seeing new movies, you can find Sean writing one of the many stories that are constantly floating around in his head.
RWA will present Sean Gilmartin with the 2014 RWA Librarian of the Year Award at the 2014 RWA Conference in San Antonio this summer.
Past Recipients of the RWA Librarian of the Year Award
- 2013: Sarah Whitten, Bangor Public Library, Bangor, Maine
- 2012: Mary Moore, Huntsville-Madison County Public Library, Huntsville, Alabama
- 2011: Wendy Crutcher, OC Public Libraries, California
- 2010: Jennifer Lohmann, Durham County Library, Durham, North Carolina
- 2009: Deborah Schneider, King County Library System, King County, Washington
- 2008: Susan Gibberman, Schaumburg Township District Library, Schaumburg, Illinois
- 2007: Valerie Luna, Spotswood Public Library, Spotswood, New Jersey
- 2006: Michele Drovdahl, Sammamish Library
- 2005: Joanne Hamilton-Selway, Scottsdale Public Library, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2004: Lynne Welch, Herrick Memorial Library, Wellington, Ohio
- 2003: Ann Smith, Gahanna, Ohio Public Library
- 2002: John Charles, Scottsdale, Arizona, Library System
- 2001: Shelley Mosley, Velma Teague Branch Library, Glendale, Arizona
- 2000: Joyce Saricks, Downers Grove Public Library, Downers Grover, Illinois
- 1999: Dr. Alison Scott, Popular Culture Library, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
- 1998: Beverly Earls, Memphis Shelby County Public Library, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1997: Jeffrey Gegner, Hennepin County Library, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- 1996: Kristin Ramsdell, California State University, Hayward
- 1995: Mary K. Chelton, Milltown, New Jersey
Historical note: This award was established in 1995 to honor librarians who go above and beyond in their support of the romance genre, its authors, and readers.