"Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing
At the "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing, hundreds of romance authors meet with and sign books for fans in this two-hour event, with the proceeds from book sales going to literacy organizations.
In 2015, Romance Writers of America raised more than $48,000 to benefit literacy programs — bringing our total donations since 1990 to more than $900,000.
The 2016 Literacy Autographing event will be July 13, 2016, at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina, San Diego, California. The event will feature over 450 romance authors who will be autographing their latest works. Authors who are anticipated to participate include Nora Roberts and Sylvia Day.
Thank you to the Nora Roberts Foundation for underwriting the Literacy Autographing! Nora Roberts shares why she supports literacy (PDF)
The list of authors signing at the 2016 Literacy Autographing will be posted in May 2016.
Attending the Autographing
We look forward to having you at our event! Here are some things to know before you arrive:
- This event is open to the public and is free of charge to attend.
- You do not need to register to attend this event as a fan.
- Since this is a fundraiser event for literacy organizations, attendees will not be allowed to bring books from home into the event. Plan to purchase books on site.
- We accept cash and major credit cards.
Tiered Sign Up for Literacy Autographing
RWA’s annual "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing continues to be a great success, but it is also experiencing growing pains. In order to ensure the safety and success of the event, requests to participate as a signing author will be accommodated in the order below.
Sign-up will open to the following PAN members on the dates listed (if the event is not full):
- Honor Roll/Hall of Fame/LTA: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. CT
- PAN Members: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. CT
Spots will be reserved for current-year RITA finalists to register after the finalists are announced.
Sign-up ends on April 29 at 5 p.m. CT or when the event is full.
We sincerely hope conference attendees will understand the need for this change and continue to support this fundraising event for literacy organizations.
In keeping with the purpose of RWA’s Literacy Autographing which is to raise money for literacy programs by selling signed books:
- Works must be 2015-2016 copyrighted romance novel(s) or novella(s). Self-published works are accepted.
- Signing authors must be registered for the conference.
- All proceeds will be collected by RWA and donated to ProLiteracy.
- All books must have an ISBN barcode on them (either printed or a sticker).
- Free books or ARCs are not allowed to be given away at this event.
Questions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.