"Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing
At the "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing, hundreds of romance authors meet with and sign books for fans in this two-hour event, with the proceeds from book sales going to literacy organizations.
In 2017, Romance Writers of America raised more than $45,000 to benefit ProLiteracy and the Florida Literacy Coalition. Since 1990, RWA has raised over $1 million for literacy organizations!
According to ProLiteracy, the amount donated from the "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing over the years has helped 40,000 adults learn to read, and in 2017, ProLiteracy recognized this accomplishment by honoring RWA with their President's Award. Thanks to all who have helped the organization contribute to this worthy cause.
“RWA’s donations to ProLiteracy have helped break the cycle of poverty, elevate workforce skills, and improve the quality of life for adults worldwide,” says Kevin Morgan, president and CEO of ProLiteracy. “ProLiteracy is thankful to the authors, readers, publishers, and literacy partners who have supported us and helped RWA to improve so many lives through literacy.”
2018 Literacy Autographing Information
When: Saturday, July 21, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. MT
Where: Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel
New names added weekly!
Lori Ann Bailey
Maggie K. Black
Asa Maria Bradley
Allison B. Collins
Jeanne M. Dickson
Piper J. Drake
Patricia W. Fischer
Shelley Shepard Gray
Diane R. Jewkes
Julie Anne Lindsey
Rose Marie Meuwissen
Susan C. Muller
Tara Taylor Quinn
D. B. Reynolds
Lisa Brown Roberts
Carrie Ann Ryan
Loreth Anne White
We look forward to having you at our event! Here are some things to know before you arrive:
- This event is open to the public and is free of charge to attend.
- You do not need to register to attend this event as a fan.
- Since this is a fundraiser event for literacy organizations, attendees will not be allowed to bring books from home into the event. Plan to purchase books on site.
- We accept cash and major credit cards.
Tiered Sign Up for Literacy Autographing
RWA’s annual "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing continues to be a great success, but it is also experiencing growing pains. In order to ensure the safety and success of the event, requests to participate as a signing author will be accommodated in the order below.
Sign-up will open to the following PAN members on the dates listed (if the event is not full):
- Honor Roll/Hall of Fame/LTA: Tuesday, February 6 at 10 a.m. CT
- PAN Members (Regular and Provisional): Tuesday, February 13 at 10 a.m. CT
The link to register will be in your conference registration confirmation e-mail.
Spots will be reserved for current-year RITA finalists to register after the finalists are announced.
Sign-up ends on May 1 at 5 p.m. CT or when the event is full, whichever comes first.
We sincerely hope conference attendees will understand the need for this change and continue to support this fundraising event for literacy organizations.
In keeping with the purpose of RWA’s Literacy Autographing, which is to raise money for literacy programs by selling signed books:
- Works must be 2017-2018 copyrighted romance novel(s) or novella(s). Self-published works are accepted.
- Signing authors must be registered for the conference.
- All proceeds will be collected by RWA and donated to ProLiteracy.
- All books must have an ISBN barcode on them (either printed or a sticker).
- Free books or ARCs are not allowed to be given away at this event.
Questions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.