Welcome, Booksellers and Librarians!
The membership of Romance Writers of America is proud to forge a lasting relationship between authors and those responsible for putting our work in the hands of the public. To that end, we are pleased to provide a variety of information and statistical data designed to benefit both booksellers and librarians.
Looking for more information on the romance genre or have a question about RWA? Ask RWA's Bookseller and Librarian Liaison.
Become an Affiliate Member
Romance-friendly booksellers and librarians who would like to become members of RWA may join as Affiliate members. Affiliate members receive the member rate for the RWA Conference, as well as access to the Librarian and Bookseller Community on myRWA (the member section of the RWA website).
What's New in Romance Fiction?
Find the latest award-winning books from your favorite romance authors.
The links below provide information on the popularity of the romance genre, how to effectively serve the needs of romance-reading patrons, how to begin and maintain a romance collection, and other great tips.
- Romance statistics
- Romance genre
- Romance subgenres
- RWA's Honor Roll of best-selling authors
- RITA award-winning romances
- Speakers Bureau
- RWA chapters
- Libraries seeking foreign editions
- Promotional items: Interested in receiving promotional items (e.g., shelf talkers, RITA posters, bookmarks) from RWA? Just e-mail the RWA Office. Be sure to include the name of your library or bookstore, along with a complete mailing address.
RWA Events for Librarians and Booksellers
- Librarians Day at the RWA Conference: RWA will host a day of education and networking for librarians at its Annual Conference at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel on July 21, 2018. Librarian registration is $25 and limited to the first 100 registrants.
- Bookseller/Librarian Networking Event at the RWA Conference: Attend this fun, informal gathering of romance authors, librarians and booksellers at the 2018 RWA Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida. The event takes place on July 21 2018, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Public Library Association Conference: RWA will host a booth at the Public Library Association Conference. Stop by the RWA booth for information on the genre and a book signed by one of your favorite authors.
Awards, Grants, and Collections
- Librarian of the Year: Each year, RWA awards one librarian who has shown outstanding support of the romance genre with the Librarian of the Year Award. Congratulations to the 2017 RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year, Danielle King, Alafaya Branch Library, Orange County Library System (Florida)!
- Bookseller of the Year: RWA honors one bookseller each year with the RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year Award. This award is given to a bookseller who has taken special care to promote romance fiction in his or her store. As our honored guest, the winner is flown to RWA's Annual Conference where he or she is presented with this special award. The 2017 RWA Steffie Walker Booksellers of the Year are Bea and Leah Koch, The Ripped Bodice!
- Romance Writers of America Library Grant through the Public Library Association: The Romance Writers of America Library Grant is designed to provide a public library the opportunity to build or expand its romance fiction collection and/or host romance fiction programming. The grant consists of $4,500 to be used toward the purchase of romance fiction, author honorariums and travel expenses, and other applicable program expenses. Congratulations to the 2017 grant recipient, the Philipsburg (Montana) Public Library.
- Center for the Book: RWA is proud to announce that it is a Reading Promotion Partner with the Library of Congress’ Center for the Book.
- Archives and Collections: RWA’s archives are housed at Bowling Green State University’s Browne Popular Culture Library. The Browne Popular Culture Library also has an extensive romance manuscript collection, which according to the library’s Web site, “contain[s] correspondence, fan mail, literary manuscripts, and galley sheets from many prominent romance writers.”