Recent workshop and panel topics have included:
• UofT—SCS: Writing Popular Fiction
• UofT—SCS Summer Writing School: Dark Fantasy (with Kelley Armstrong)
• Romance Fiction with Teeth
• So You Think You Can Pants
• Easy Fixes for the Top Ten Mistakes New (and not-so-new) Writers Make
• Paranormal or Urban Fantasy?
• The Perfect Marriage of Plot and Pace
• Avoiding Agent Angst – the dos and don’ts of getting—and keeping—an agent
• Yours, Mine, Ours…Whose book is it anyway?—recommendations for maximizing the critique partner/group relationship
• Myth, Mystery and Marketing—the nitty-gritty of what you really need to know after you make that first sale
• Scents and Sensibility—enrich your work by incorporating the five senses (with author Ann Christopher)
Eve Silver lives with her gamer husband and sons, sometimes in Canada, but often in worlds she dreams up. She loves kayaking and sunshine, dogs and desserts, and books, lots and lots of books. Eve’s teen trilogy The Game—Rush, Push, and Crash—is available now. Eve also writes books for adults.
National bestselling author Eve Silver has been praised for her “edgy, steamy, action-packed” books, darkly sexy heroes and take-charge heroines. In 2015 she won the OLA Forest of Reading White Pine Award, and her work was shortlisted for the Monica Hughes Award for Science Fiction and Fantasy (2014), and was both an American Bookseller’s Association Best Book for Children and a Canadian Children’s Book Centre Best Books for Kids and Teens (2013). She has garnered starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and Quill and Quire, two RT Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Awards, Library Journal’s Best Genre Fiction Award, and she was nominated for the Romance Writers of America® RITA® Award. Eve lives with her husband, two sons, an energetic Airedale terrier and an exuberant border collie/shepherd. And a snake called Ragnar.